Date(s) - 06/29/2018 - 07/01/2018
Our Second Take! After the success and participants feedback on last year’s Wild Women of the Waves, we had no choice but to create another fun event for women only. No photos of dudes with beards drinking scotch will be posted to social media after this event! We were excited to offer programming that caters to a growing and important part of the sea kayaking community. Catering to female learners and their preferred learning styles will be Ashley Brown and Robin Read leading this weekend of adventure along the Connecticut and Rhode Island border. Based out of a comfortable home in Groton we have room for six participants to join on this program. Price Per Person is $465 for two days of Instruction and two night of lodging. Participants are responsible for providing their own meals; often we find our clients prefer to dine in and do a communal dinner on Saturday night allowing the fun and learning to continue into the eves.
The program is for intermediate and advanced intermediate paddlers who want or need time with professional level instructors in moderate to challenging conditions.
- Accommodations, 2 nights
- Instruction, 2 days
- Rental Equipment (Additional Cost): Prime Paddlesports can outfit a paddler in performance rental equipment for the weekend at $130 (at a rate of $65 per day, includes, performance kayak, paddle, PFD and spray skirt.
Whsat to bring
Full Sea Kayaking Kit:
- Kayak ( with proper bow and stern floatation)
- Spare paddle
- Spray- skirt
- Proper Immersion Wear (Drysuit) based upon forecasted Temperatures
- Tow Belts
- First Aid Kit & Repair Kit
- All Personal items (to include food and water / hot beverage, sun protection, glasses, sunblock
Participants are responsible for their own meals.